Use a Singular Themer layout to display single events with The Events Calendar plugin.
- For an introduction to how Themer layouts work with The Events Calendar plugin, see the overview article.
Here's how to create and design a Themer layout for a single-event page.
It helps to have some events created first so that you have something to preview as you design the layout in Beaver Themer.
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Beaver Builder > Themer layouts.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- Enter a title for your Themer layout.
- Verify that Type is Themer layout and for Layout select Singular, then click Add Themer layout.
The Edit Themer layout screen opens.
- For Location, click Choose, then from the Events section choose Event.
By default, the location will apply to every single event page, but you can include or exclude specific items by setting up inclusion or exclusion rules.
- Click Publish.
- Click Launch Beaver Builder.
- In the Preview as field at the top of the page, select Event, then select a particular event page, assuming you've created one already.
- The Themer layout opens with the singular template for standard posts. To use the Event template to start building your page, click Templates in the upper right corner and make sure General is selected. Select the Event template, then click Replace existing layout.
- Build the page in Beaver Builder in the normal fashion, by adding and configuring modules.
See the next section.
When you edit a Singular Themer layout and have The Events Calendar plugin installed, there's a special content group in the Content panel called Themer modules and under that is a section called The Events Calendar containing the following modules:
- Event cost
- Event countdown
- Event date and time
- Event description
- Event details
- Event export links
- Event map
- Event navigation
- Event notices
- Event organizer
- Event title
- Event venue
These modules can be used to display the event description and the many custom event fields that you may have filled in when you created the event. If you added the Event template to your page, you will see many of these modules.