Requirements are different for building content layouts versus displaying rendered layouts and theme areas (headers, footers, sidebars), as follows.
Requirements for viewing rendered web pages built with Beaver Builder
Applies to: Published Beaver Builder content layouts and the Beaver Builder theme areas
- The latest three versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. For Internet Explorer, current support is IE 11.
Example of "latest three versions": if the latest version is 66.0.3359.181, then any release of versions 64-66 is supported.
Other versions of browsers generally work, but this list refers to versions that Beaver Builder provides support for.
Requirements for building content layouts
Applies to: Building layouts with Beaver Builder
- The latest major version of Chrome, FireFox, Safari and Edge
"Major version" refers to the first number of the version and all point versions, for example, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2.
Supported operating systems/devices
Standard operating systems are supported.
Editing Beaver Builder layouts on tablets has been improved. Note the functionality is still subject to limitations inherent on smaller screens. See the forum for tips and discussion about this feature.
For performance and security reasons, we recommend using the latest version of WordPress and the highest version of PHP available on your host. For instructions on updating your WordPress installation, see this WordPress codex article.
- Beaver Builder Plugin: WordPress 4.6 and above
Note: Versions of WordPress since 4.9.6 require Beaver Builder Version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- Beaver Builder Theme: WordPress 4.1 and above
- Beaver Themer: WordPress 4.6 and above
- Beaver Builder plugin: PHP 5.2.4 and above (PHP 7.x recommended)
- Beaver Themer: PHP 5.3 and above
Beaver Builder enqueues the version of jQuery that is bundled with WordPress core and only supports that version. It is quite possible that other versions of jQuery will work, but use them at your own risk.