These instructions are for new premium installations, reinstallations, and upgrades to or downgrades from one premium version to another.
- If you're upgrading from the free (Lite) version to a premium version, purchase a premium version first.
- If you're upgrading from one premium version to another, see this upgrade information first.
- If you're downgrading or canceling your subscription, see this downgrade information first.
Download the Beaver Builder plugin zip from the My Account page. Your license number also appears on that page.
If you're a Mac/Safari user and the download shows up as a folder instead of a zip file, you won't be able to install, because WordPress requires uploading a zip file. See this article for the fix.
As of WordPress 5.5, you don't have to uninstall existing Beaver Builder plugins to install a new one.
- From your WordPress Admin Panel, go to Plugins > Add New and click the Upload plugin button at the top of the screen.
- Click Browse and select the downloaded zip file on your local system or just drag the file on top of the Browse button.
The installer file name is shown just to the right of the button.
- Click Install now.
If you have the Lite version of the plugin installed, it is automatically deactivated when you install a premium version. You can delete the Lite plugin without losing your layouts. If you already have a premium version of the Beaver Builder plugin installed, another screen will ask you to verify that the zip file you uploaded is the version you want to install. Click Replace current with uploaded. The plugin will be automatically activated.
- If you're doing a fresh installation of any premium version, click Activate to activate the plugin.
Activate your license for new installations or check to make sure your license is still activated for upgrades and downgrades:
- If you aren't already on the Beaver Builder settings page, then from your WordPress Admin Panel, go to Settings > Beaver Builder, then click the License tab.
- For new installations, add your license number, which you can find on the My Account page.
For upgrades and downgrades, check to make sure your license is still active. The license number should remain the same.
If your premium version includes the Beaver Builder Theme, see these instructions for how to install it.
It isn’t necessary to configure the admin settings on the other tabs at Settings > Beaver Builder before you start editing, but it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the settings should you need them at some point in the future.
See the other articles in this Knowledge Base to start using Beaver Builder, especially the editor basics.
If Beaver Builder won't open for editing on a page, check the troubleshooting article on possible problems. For other problems, check out the plugin troubleshooting section of the Knowledge Base, or file a Support ticket.