Should I use the Beaver Builder child theme?
Technically no, but we strongly advise that you install the Beaver Builder child theme. Here's the long answer, which explains what the Beaver Builder child theme is and why you should install it.
You can create your own child theme, but we've made it easy by giving you a child theme to download and install.
The child theme does not need to be updated when you update the Beaver Builder Theme parent.
See the system requirements for viewing and building with the Beaver Builder plugin and theme.
Download the Beaver Builder Theme and child theme
Download the Beaver Builder Theme and child theme zip files from the My Account page.
If you're a Mac/Safari user and the download shows up as a folder instead of a zip file, you won't be able to install, because WordPress requires uploading a zip file. See how to download a zip file on Safari.
Install the theme and child theme
- From the Admin panel in your WordPress installation, go to Appearance > Themes.
- At the top of the content area, click Add New and then Upload Theme.
- Upload the Beaver Builder Theme zip file, but don't activate it.
- Repeat this procedure to upload the child theme zip file.
- Activate the child theme.
If you install your child theme after you've already set up Customizer settings in the parent theme, export your Customizer settings from the parent theme and import them into the child theme.
Customize your design
All Beaver Builder Theme customization is done through the WordPress Customizer, which you can access by choosing Appearance > Customize on the WordPress Admin Panel. Here are a few of the things you can customize with the Beaver Builder Theme:
- Color scheme
- Default fonts for headings and text
- Site header and footer layout and content
- Menus and widgets
- Custom global code for your site
See all the theme topics for lots of help and tips.
Don't forget to click Save when you are done setting up your Customizer settings.